All-inclusive M&E Consultancy
One of our areas of expertise is Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E). We coach you along the whole processs of setting up an M&E system from developing results and indicators, to collecting data and finding the right IT tool to manage them.
Our services include
- introduction to the results-based monitoring approach and the standards of OECD-DAC,
- designing an M&E system and schedule,
- developing indicators,
- conducting M&E workshops,
- preparing surveys (if desired with a data collection app),
- finding the right IT tool for data management (web tools or, if internet connection is a problem, in Microsoft Excel),
- M&E trainings (on site or online through our webinars and trainings), focussing on our particular IT expertise in the context of monitoring,
- assistance in writing project progress reports,
- introducing the results model and results monitoring standards of Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ).
"The results-focused and competent staff from energypedia consult GmbH and their experience in the context of development policy were and are key success factors for the great success of our WebMo."
Deutsche Welle Akademie
Practical Excel Monitoring Tools
Next to web-based monitoring tools like WebMo, we also offer tailor-made Excel tools and Excel trainings. When designing Excel tools, we are guided by two imperatives: Make them useful and make them simple.
- Together with the customer we find out what data are available and how to structure and display them in a way to maximize usability. If the requirements change after some time, we are always available to make the necessary adjustments. Our tools grow with the projects.
- At the heart of our tools is the Management Cockpit (see impression below), also called dashboard, summarizing at a glance key figures and developments to quickly inform decision-making.
- Our tools are accessible for everybody with intermediate Excel skills, because
- we do not use Macros or Visual Basic;
- we always leave a comprehensive manual. This way we want to make transparent how everything works and enable the users to implement adaptations themselves.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or need assistance developing your own tool!